|Tunica-ms Casino Information Guide For Discount Reservations , Entertainment, Dining, News and Gambling
Tunica Motel Reservations
Tunica the town, the county..
Well can you believe it? Here is the August's Newsletter. So much has been going on I wish we could just all sit down and talk with you. We have tried to hit on the highlights coming up in and around Tunica and the Casinos. Enjoy!
Sheraton Casino Tunica is #1 in The Nation with the Loosest Slots by Jennifer Cuthbertson
We recently visited Sheraton on a Friday night. The bells were ringing and lights were flashing all over the casino. In one dollar slot area, out of 12 machines there were 5 hand pays at the same time. Now this got our interest up. We had been told the slots were loosened again. But being a skeptic ...well you know the thoughts.
A few days later I had the opportunity to watch and participate a little bit in an independent slot research test/survey in Tunica. I was in total amazement as the numbers started to gel! Sheraton climbed to the top of the charts in loosest slots with a 94% payback average. If you include cash back from your play this brings payback to 94.6%. This compares to the second runner up, Fitzgerald's at 92.5% payout and a 92.6% including slot club cash back. Some of you think well big deal, some casinos boast 98% payback. Now think about this, that is only on a few designated machines. This 94% payback was from a large sampling of nickel video slots. Casinos tend to increase their pay back percentages as the denominations increase. Making the total overall average even higher!
The best rate of return for your gambling money is Sheraton's Casino Tunica.
As reported by Michael Shackleford, www.thewizardofodds.com , in the Spring, Palms Casino located in Las Vegas had the loosest slots. Sheraton Casino Tunica's slots are higher payback percentages than Palms, putting Sheraton #1 in the Nation.
Tunica-MS.com crowns Sheraton Casino Tunica's #1 Slot house! Maybe we should rephrase that.....#1 in the Nation! *
● Article by Researcher Marsha Ness on Results
● Tunica Rankings and Percentages
● National List of Casino Nickel Rankings
* not including native american casinos, which have not been tested.
More information on Sheraton Casino Tunica
▪ Make your reservations today at Sheraton Casino Hotel
▪ Take a look at Sheraton's dining specials
▪ Photo slide show of the Sheraton Property
▪ Sheraton Casino Hosts
▪ Sheraton Senior Specials
▪ Sheraton Casino Hotel Property Overview
Tunica-MS.com has some Freebies this month. No strings attached.
▪ Get your FREE Magazine
▪ FREE tickets to Bobby Flay's Hot of the Grill show until they run out. Location Grand Casino Resort. Sept. 8TH. (hurry limited number of tickets). $9.95 value
Just Send an E-mail to us with Name and Address.
Bally's Casino and Hotel
▪ Take a look at the NEW Bally's
Recently Bally's has been listening to their patrons. The Cornucopia Buffet has under gone some serious renovations and menu changes. The day we visited we found much more healthier selections of entrees and a varied assortment of sugar free desserts. Yeah Bally's. Thanks for listening!
Bally's hotel rooms have been spruced up too. New furniture, paint and wall coverings make for a more contemporary look. Always love the fact there is a refrigerator in every room. A Sunlight dome and wall now grace the lobby with a view of the pool and comfortable seating for relaxing.
▪ The casino has added several banks of nickel video poker and new to the market machines. Bally's also has a no smoking slot section. The grill has been moved to the back of the casino.
▪ If you haven't been in awhile stop by and see the changes. As always Bally's is known for their Car/Truck giveaways every month, Ladies Day every Thursday with free buffet and drawings for cash and jewelry, and that down home hospitality. Two Thumbs Up Bally's!
▪ Make hotel reservations today click here
▪ Bally's Photo Slide Show
Grand Casino Resort
▪ FRESH, WHOLE MAINE LOBSTER AT THE EPIC BUFFET!
Why settle for just the tail when you can get the whole lobster at Hollywood Casino’s Epic Buffet? Hollywood’s Epic Buffet is the first and only buffet in Tunica that treats guests to fresh, whole one-pound Maine Lobsters. Flown in live from Maine, these mouth-watering monsters are steamed to perfection by Hollywood chefs. On Friday nights at the Epic’s “All You Can Eat” Seafood Buffet, guests can enjoy whole Maine Lobsters for only $17.99 plus tax. Whole Maine lobsters are offered along with other seafood delicacies the Epic Buffet is known for: “peel and eat” shrimp, oysters on the half-shell, fried shrimp, fried oysters, baked fish, crab legs, prime rib, catfish, hushpuppies and spectacular Chinese seafood dishes. The Epic’s Seafood Buffet is open from 4:00 PM to 2:00 AM every Friday.
▪ SEPTEMBER SPOTLIGHT GIFT
Slot players who earn 250 points on slot play and Table players who have 10 hours of rated table play at a $10 average bet qualify to earn the September Spotlight Gift-a Customized Hollywood Terry/Velour Beach Towel (sorry, poker play is not included).
▪ Hollywood Casino was recently purchased by Penn National Gaming Inc. As far as we know there will be no changes. Penn National owns other Mississippi Casinos, Boomtown in Biloxi and Casino Magic in Bay St. Louis. Welcome Penn National Gaming to Tunica.
More on Hollywood events for September.......
▪ Tunica-ms.com recognizes an outstanding Hollywood Cast Member Roy Jackson. Meet Roy in Get to Know Tunica Faces.
▪ Don't forget the on going Harrahs Game of Life Promo August 30, Harrah's will be giving away 10 Troy-bilt lawn tractors! Drawings begin at 3 p.m. Tractors at at the front door as you walk in. Niceeeee!
If you haven't joined Harrah's Total Rewards Club then you may qualify to play $100 on Harrahs!
▪ After 1 hour of tracked play, NEW Total Rewards members will be eligible to receive up to $100 on their slot losses. Guest will receive a voucher in the mail for and must return to Harrah's Tunica to redeem it.
▪ Tunica-ms.com recognizes an outstanding Harrah's employee, Janice White. Meet Janice in our Get to Know Tunica Faces section.
▪ Make your reservations for Harrah's Tunica Today here.
Gold Strike Casino
▪ By popular demand Finis Henderson is back at Gold Strike. Don't miss the uniquely talented Finis impersonations. Friday, August 30 at 9:00 p.m. - Saturday, August 31 at 8:00 p.m.- Sunday, September 1 at 8:00 p.m. Tickets $27.50.
▪ Four Tops are coming Friday, September 13 at 9:00 p.m. Tickets $42.50. I can hardly wait. Oh does their music bring back memories (sigh).
Make your hotel reservations here on Tunica-ms safe and secure.
▪ Bluesville will be hopping with the great sounds of Montgomery Gentry Friday the 13th of September tickets $25.
▪ Journey rocks the house Saturday, September 14th tickets
▪ Then hold on to your hats and hearts Alan Jackson will be live on stage in concert Wednesday September 18th tickets $60.
▪ Don't forget double points on slot play when you use your Winner's Circle Card every Tuesday and Wednesday.
▪ By now you probably know Sam's Town is owned by Boyd Gaming. Who has purchased the hotel and theatres from Isle of Capri. We will all be on the watch to see what new and exciting plans Sam's has in store for their new acquisition.
New at the Great Buffet Every Friday and Saturday evening during our Seafood Buffet…you will also get a six ounce, charbroiled, top sirloin steak, cooked just as you like it.* That’s in addition to all the crab legs, fresh fish, paella, fried shrimp, oysters and scallops, soft shell crabs, boiled shrimp, crawfish and more, that you can eat!
Sound like a mouthful? It’s all that and more. And the price will definitely make you a surf and turf lover…just $17.95. On top of that, Comp$Plus members get a 10% discount and Golden Gang members get a 20% discount!
▪ T-Bird Table Games Giveaway You could win cash plus a brand new Ford Thunderbird when you enter our T-Bird Table Games Giveaway. Just play your favorite table games now through September 7, 2002. Pick up a players card, get every square stamped and fill it out, then drop it in the drawing drum located in the main pit area. Every Friday at 7pm, through September 6, five names will be drawn from the drum. The first name wins $100, second name wins $200, third name wins $300, fourth wins $400 and yes, the fifth name drawn automatically wins $500. All of the Friday winners will automatically be entered into the drawing to win the T-Bird.
Each player’s card has 18 spaces with one pre-stamped. Fill each of 17 spaces when you win at one of our table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Let It Ride, 3 Card Poker, Pai Gow, Mini-Baccarat, Roulette and Caribbean Stud. (See the posted rules in the pit for exact winning requirements.)
Then be at Sam’s Town 7pm, Saturday, September 7, 2002 for our Thunderbird drawing. Four names will be drawn from the drum; the first 3 names will each receive $1,000, while the fourth name drawn gets the Ford T-Bird! Each winning guest will have three minutes to claim the prize, showing a valid picture I.D. While you must be present to win the T-Bird, you don’t have to be present at the weekly drawings. Weekly cash winners will be posted and have until 8pm, September 7 to claim their winnings.
▪ Boxing Comes to Sam's Town De La Hoya vs Vargas 8Pm $20 exclusive closed circuit event boxing.
The Town of Tunica
▪ You have heard of Chili cook offs and Barbque cook offs. Well....... Tunica will be introducing a Turnipment. Yep, Turnip Green cook off! Can you believe it? We are excited and definitely plan to be there cooking greens! Come join us! November the 9th at the Paul Battle Arena on Hwy 61 South of the casinos. We will offer more information on this as soon as it becomes available. All proceeds go to charity.
▪ Do you like to play Racquet ball or work out? Tunica has an awesome state of the art Recreational Facility. Non members can take advantage of this facility for only $5 a day.Check out this photo slide show of some pics we took on a recent visit.
▪ Special Last minute Note.... I have had some inquires about West Nile and the mosquitoes in Tunica. Rest assure Tunica County is doing an excellent job to protect citizens and visitors to Tunica County. Please click here and Read Press Release
Editor's Note - We try to provide correct and update information. We don't always get all of the news. If there is something you would like to know more about please send us an email and we will see what we can find out.
The above is just a highlight of events and entertainment for more listings please check our website for Events and Entertainment. As always some events and entertainment are subject to change or cancellation. Please check with casino or venue. Most events you must be 21 to attend.
We hope during your visit to tunica-ms.com you gain some information to help make your trip more rewarding and enjoyable. We are always welcome to your comments and suggestions. Have a good one!.... Jen and Tom